Return and Refunds
We want to ensure your complete satisfaction when purchasing from shopsmart so will happily accept returns in accordance with the following Return and Refunds Policy:
All returns and exchanges must be pre-authoried by our Customer Services and require a return authorization number.
Please contact us via our Contact Us page to receive your return authorization (if eligible) and further instructions.
1 - Defective, damaged or incorrect items:
- By law, each Merchant Partner must provide goods that are of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, as described at the time of purchase, in accordance with any pre-contract information they have provided.
- Buyers have a statutory right to return goods that do not comply, for example, are faulty, damaged or incorrect. If this is the case, you have the right to either cancel and get a full refund or request replacement goods via the Merchant Partner.
- If you request a refund, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the products in accordance with this Refunds Policy. Your statutory right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (when the Contract between us is formed) and ends ten (10) days after receipt of the products by you. You must return the product to the Merchant Partner unopened to receive the refund unless it is being returned due to a fault.
- If you received a damaged or defective item from a Merchant Partner, or the wrong item was shipped to you, you will not be responsible for return shipping charges, and we will not charge any restocking or other fee in connection with the return. In addition, you will receive a full refund for the item, as described in this Refund Procedures below.
2 - To return a defective item & obtain a refund:
- The item must be returned to the Merchant Partner from where it was purchased, unopened (unless the item was received by you in a defective or damaged condition) and in its original packaging, with all accessories, within fourteen (14) days of the date upon which we provided the item to the carrier for shipment to you. You must also follow the Return Procedures specified above.
- The Merchant Partner cannot accept items back that have been opened or used unless the item was received by you in a damaged or defective condition.
- Damaged or defective items returned without their original packaging will not receive a refund.
3 - Other returns:
As stated above, all returns and exchanges must be pre-authoried by our Customer Services and require a return authorization number. Please contact us to receive your return authorization and further instructions - if you are eligible.
- For all returns other than damaged, defective or incorrectly shipped items (see above), you will be responsible for the shipping charges to return the item.
- To obtain your refund, the item must be returned to the Merchant Partner, unopened and in its original packaging, with all accessories, within fourteen (14) days of the date upon which they provided the item to the carrier for shipment to you.
- If eligible, Customer Services will provide you with an authorization code which you must use to obtain your refund or exchange.
- When returning an item, please ensure you securely pack the item(s) you are returning and include a copy of your original packing slip in an appropriately sized box.
- Ensure you affix a return shipping label on the package, ensuring the correct address for the Merchant and pay the appropriate postage costs.
- Ensure the package is returned to the Merchant Partner from where it was purchased.
- At this point, please ensure you send proof of shipping to both us at shopsmart and the Merchant Partner.
- After the Merchant Partner receives, inspects and process your return, a refund will be issued in accordance with our Refund Procedures below.
4 - Refund Procedures
If you are entitled to a refund in connection with a return, the following conditions will apply:
- Your refund will be in the form of payment used for the purchase.
- The amount refunded will be the purchase price paid by you for the returned item (which reflects the amount of any discounts, promotions or coupons that you received), including sales tax charged with respect to the item.
- Credits will be issued after we receive, inspect and process your return.
- Please allow time for the returned item to be delivered to us, for us to inspect and process the return, and for the credit card issuer to credit your account. Your credit card company determines when the credit will be reflected in your statement.
- It may take one full billing cycle for the credit to appear on your account.
5 - Un-deliverable Shipments
Occasionally, shipments to customers are returned to us as un-deliverable. For example, this may happen when the address is incorrect, or the customer refuses to accept a shipment, or the carrier is unable to deliver after multiple attempts.
In such cases, if a shipment is returned to us as undeliverable, we will charge a return shipping fee of 5% PKR of the product costs for every package returned. We will also issue a refund reduced accordingly by 5% PKR package return fee, as described in our Refunds Procedures.
We will not issue you a refund if the return shipment fee exceeds the original purchase price plus sales tax charged of the item(s) in your undeliverable shipment.
6 - Additional Questions
If you have any further questions about how we process returns and refunds etc. please reach out to us via our Contact Us page outlining the full nature of your query. Alternatively, if you have any questions for your Merchant Partner, contact them directly by replying to the receipt that was emailed to you after purchase.